Real Estate & Finance
Coleman Yovanovich Koester has a reputation for putting deals together and making deals happen. We have earned that reputation because of our vast experience in real estate and finance. Our attorneys are well-versed in acquisitions, financing, lending, leasing, construction, regulatory, and other real estate matters. Our clients include buyers and sellers, borrowers and lenders, developers and property managers, individuals or corporate entities, financial institutions, and landlords and tenants who are involved in significant real estate transactions - locally, regionally and statewide.
The transactions that we handle range from acquisition and development of sophisticated commercial shopping centers to the purchase and sale of multi-million dollar residential homes. Our attorneys represent clients in all aspects of the purchase, sale and development of commercial, residential and multi-family residential properties. Though we handle a broad range of real estate matters, we have a strong track record assisting clients with large and complicated transactions, where our experience and counsel is vital to their success. The rapid and unmatched growth in Florida, Southwest Florida particularly, in recent years has given our firm an extraordinary opportunity to participate in major real estate projects, including the financing, construction, leasing and sale of many of the notable construction and development projects in Southwest Florida.
At the same time, we represent institutional clients in real estate financing and investment transactions. As such, our firm has the ability to counsel clients in all aspects of real estate and finance transactions.
With respect to real estate and finance, our firm has particular expertise in the following areas:
- Acquisition and development of real estate
- Contract negotiation and preparation
- Site acquisition
- Closing real estate transactions and issuing title insurance
- Closing loans and issuing mortgagee title insurance
- Construction and permanent financing
- Negotiation and preparation of architect and construction contracts
- Platting and subdivision
- Completing dedications and utility turnovers with local governments
- Preparation of homeowners’ association, condominium association, amenity, club and commercial property owners’ association documents
- Joint venture agreements to develop, own and operate substantial real estate projects
- Real estate investments, including negotiating acquisition documents, handling financing arrangements, and assisting legal counsel in other states
- Amenity turnover projects including golf course, association and other amenity turnover projects.
- Loan transactions and other financing, including secured and unsecured lending
- Loan sales and participation
- Loan restructures and workouts