Wills, Trusts, and Estates
No matter the extent of a person’s wealth or the assets he or she may possess, preparing for the transfer of wealth or assets upon death is critical. In many cases, such advanced planning, including steps to reduce exposure to estate and gift taxes, is vital to the long-term security of families or business associates. Over the years, clients approached Coleman Yovanovich Koester with their concerns and interest in developing plans that will transfer their wealth and assets at death. We responded by building and offering a sophisticated and skilled Wills, Trusts and Estates team to advise our clients.
Services provided to our clients in this practice area include the following:
- Estate planning including wills, revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, durable powers of attorney, and living wills
- Administration of trusts and estates, including advising personal representatives and trustees
- Advanced estate and gift planning strategies including family limited partnerships and sales to grantor trusts, life insurance trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, charitable remainder trusts and qualified personal residence trusts
- Tax planning and gift planning, including charitable giving
- Probate litigation
- Business succession planning
Our attorneys are skilled at working with clients who are individuals, families and businesses. Whether counseling such clients in designing a wealth transfer plan, minimizing the impact of taxes, or carrying out fiduciary obligations, the core strength of our attorneys is providing clients with innovative planning strategies and practical, integrated solutions. Where appropriate, lawyers from our other practice areas, such as real estate or corporate law, will be brought in for purposes of planning when their expertise is relevant and beneficial. The protection of assets and the appropriate transfer to future generations or business associates are among the most important goals a person can establish during his or her lifetime. We recognize the needs of our clients will change with the passage of time, and we are committed to their evolving needs, positioning ourselves as lifelong advisors for our clients.