As an owner or manager of a business, there are many decisions to be made regarding the formation and ongoing operations of a business. Our attorneys are experienced business advocates able to deliver advice and counsel to our clients for their immediate company needs and help create long-term plans to achieve their business goals.
We remain current on the latest developments in the law and educate ourselves on each unique industry of the clients we serve, so that we may better understand their needs and deliver effective recommendations and creative solutions. We provide institutional and individual clients with advice on proper business entity selection and structuring (corporation, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, general partnership, limited partnership, etc.), the formation of business entities, the relationships among participants in a business, financing, the negotiation and drafting of commercial agreements, and the acquisition or sale of business assets or ownership rights.
We consider relevant law as well as the strategic considerations relating to the functioning of business entities, the rights and responsibilities of participants in such entities, and the construction and enforcement of contracts entered into by the business entity or its participants.
Legal advisory areas include:
- Business planning and entity selection
- Entity formation
- Shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, and operating agreements
- General corporate governance
- Corporate and partnership financing
- Joint ventures
- Employment agreements, consulting and compensation arrangements
- State licensing and regulatory requirements (such as liquor licenses, certificates of need, environmental permitting, or real estate company licensing)
- Franchise procurement
- Confidentiality matters
- Business contracts
- Asset acquisition or sale
- Stock or membership interest acquisition or sale
Our clients include privately held and publicly traded companies of all sizes. We serve clients from a variety of industries, including real estate, finance, construction, retail and more. Our experience representing companies of nearly all sizes enables our lawyers to extend support to our clients in an extensive range of businesses.